Saturday, May 12, 2018

The Drop Attack that Did Not Happen

About a month ago, a Neurologist decided I was subject to Drop Attacks. These are caused by defects in the Brain Stem - if the artery supplying blood to the Brain Stem, doesn't supply enough blood - my legs stop functioning, and I fall to the ground. This doesn't last very long - 10 minutes later, and can get on my feet again. He prescribed some expensive medication for me (that costs me $50 a month), and I have been taking it.

Today, I went for my daily bicycle ride, and at one point, I had to maneuver around a parked car, and across two different parts of the road. Splat, down I went - I ended up several feet to the right of bicycle, on the ground. I also saw the feet of several young people, who had arrived immediately, to help get me to my feet, and lift my bicycle up.

My bicycle had stopped working (rather suddenly) but my legs continued to work as the usually did.

I was confused, and it took me awhile, before I get myself organized, get on my bike, and continue my journey. When I took my shower, after I got home. I noticed a few bloody spots on my legs. But that was all.

Now I have new story to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment