Thursday, September 28, 2017

Getting It Right

I have been thinking about this myself, and now Uncle Bob's new book - Clean Architecture, a Craftsman's Guide to Software Structure and Design - plopped into my inbox, and I am relieved to find he is thinking about this too. I quote from him:
It doesn't take a huge amount of knowledge and skill to get a program working. But getting it right is hard.
In my experience, lots of things (including lots of programs) don't even get working - and thinking about getting it right, strikes most people as shear lunacy.

Now I must back up and explain how I got all this. I subscribe to the O'Reilly Safari service (for $40 a month) that gives me unlimited access to practically every software book written - plus lots of videos, and lots of other stuff. Anyone serious about software has to have this.

They sent me an email, saying I really had to have this book. I had never heard of Uncle Bob before, but he is one of the bright lights in the field. And now he is shining light my way also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment