Thursday, September 7, 2017

Git

"What the hell is this?" You may be asking, and I was asking myself the same question. But it became apparent that, whatever it was, programmers were using it - and if I wanted to be like them, I would have to use it also.

So I rolled up my pant legs and waded in. I now have Git Bash on my computer - and am trying my best to use it.

GitHub is somewhere, heavens knows where - where programmers can stash their stuff, to show they are real programmers - and where other programmers can copy their stuff, and use it for themselves.

It is part of the Open Source movement, where everyone (or almost everyone) puts their stuff on Git Hub, or similar places - and everyone gets richer!

This is a radical departure from the past - where riches were limited, and everyone tried to get their slice of the pie - before other people could get it.

Don't tell anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment