Monday, September 4, 2017

Some People Enjoy Being Bad

Perhaps I should say "Many people Enjoy Being Bad!" Or in some situations: "Most people enjoy being bad!"

In any case I can say, with complete confidence: "Most people do not want to think about this."

This is quite a change from the Enlightenment, when people thought about this a lot, What happened, to effect this huge change?

I am not smart enough, to answer this question. I can only say "It happened!" People changed drastically - but were not aware of this change. And were determined to not notice it.

Let me rephrase this - people changed, for the worse - but were determined to not notice this.

This change was not entirely for the worse - there was a lot of good mixed in with it. But it was clearly not good for people. And was not intended to be good for people - other things were more important. But no one wanted to say what these other things were.

But whatever they were, they arrived in the period between the middle of the 19th Century and the middle of the 20th. And little old me (who was born in 1936) was plopped down in the middle of them.

I didn't understand what was going on - who did? But I sure as hell didn't like it.

I wish could say, I responded correctly - but I didn't. I made wrong decisions right and left - but I did make a few correct ones - and ended up, badly battered, in a small town in Costa Rica.

With this laptop, and a fast Internet connection. Both of which are a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment