Friday, September 29, 2017

They Can Not Only Survive, They Can Thrive

In an completely crazy world - and they will have no other.

Once again, I am trying to understand the world I left behind, when I moved to Costa Rica. And am finding the going difficult. How do you explain insanity?

I can only do what others have done - classify different types of insanity. And make an attempt to describe the American Madness.

I am living in a little town, that had many Americans and Canadians - a few years ago. I liked this, because it gave me someone to talk to, in English. But recently they have left in droves, and I have no one left to talk to.

I am reduced to trying to remember my past, and writing about it in my blog. And reading whatever I can get my hands on.

Such as an article about Freud, in the London Review of Books: From Shtetl to Boulevard - this describes the German Madness, that he participated in - and understood not at all.

I participated in the American Madness, that Americans have resisted understanding, with all their strength. This is one way to classify it - as a reversal of values. People who are determined to not be. And to not be good. And to make a world that is not good

Got it?

No comments:

Post a Comment