Sunday, September 17, 2017

I am Learning Machine Learning

I have been forced into this, because everyone else is doing it - everyone else, that is, who wants to be where it is.

It is interesting - if you have the right people to show you the way. Machine Learning is nothing like Human Learning - and since we are now so dependent on it, it behoves us to know something about it. When we ask a computer to look at our data, and tell us something about it (which is what Machine Learning is) we better know what is going on, under the hood!

We have been dragged into a new world, the Computer World - where we have no idea what the landscape is like. But the Computer does. We might as well be honest about this (and perhaps humble, to boot) and let it lead the way.

The App that was going to do this was Anaconda, that I downloaded and installed. I then tried to install the Anaconda Navigator - that would help me use all this. But all it did is give me an error message, and suggested that I report this to Git Hub - but that would not accept this, it just spun its little wheel around, endlessly. But I did report this to the Anaconda Google Group - where I noticed a lot of other problems. Anaconda has bugs - and quite a few of them.

This problem should have gone directly to Anaconda itself - this is standard practice now, to include the user in the development process.

Once again, Software has bit me in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment