Monday, September 11, 2017

I am the Most Wonderful of Persons - a Customer with Money


The American economy is so advanced - it might as well be another world - up in the sky somewhere. 


I will give you an example. A local eatery, called Soda El Guayabo (a wood burning stove) makes a hamburguesa pollo - formed by taking a chicken breast, slicing it up, and flattening it with a series of blows from a corrugated hammer. You really got to see this happening, to understand it.

To this is added the usual hamburger ingredients - a slice of ham, a slice of cheese, tomato, onion, ketchup, lettuce, mayonnaise - and, of course, a hamburger bun.

Today, I was the only person in the place buying anything. Everyone else was trying (with all their strength) to sell her something. But she wasn't buying.

Her little business was all she had - and she was not about to give it up.


I paid my 1,500 Colones (about three dollars) and took it home for delicious lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment