Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Importance of an IDE

In my opinion, no software developer, or team. should work without an IDE - and a good one, at that.

Right now, the Python language, Jet Brain's PyCharm IDE, and the Google Cloud, seem to be the best combination.

An IDE supports software projects - and project management is critical here, as it is anywhere else. Consider this page of the PyCharm documentation that explains the kinds of projects it supports. This includes a Google App Engine project - that puts this project on the Google Cloud. This is a huge advantage!

Microsoft's Visual Studio IDE, by comparison - does not do this in its Azure cloud, despite what they say. In fact, my account in Azure was cancelled, because I violated their User Agreement - probably because I noticed this.

Little old me, in faraway Costa Rica, living on my Social Security - is a threat to Microsoft, with its millions!

No comments:

Post a Comment