Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Another Defective Laptop

I ordered this from Amazon (for $255), they shipped to Miami, and my forwarding service, flew it to Costa Rica, ran it through Customs, and charged me $89 for their services.

They became completely confused, because the package contained the laptop, and its power supply - and they listed the whole things as the power supply. Not very smart, I know - but eventually I  got the whole package in their outlet in Cartago (the nearest large town) - and realized what was going on. The laptop was there, underneath the power supply.

I took it home, and tried to use it - but it would not turn on!

I complained to Amazon, who complained the the seller, and it agreed to a refund, and sent ma a mailing label, to use in returning it. Now I will take it the post office, and mail it back. The $89 I paid to get it to Costa Rica, will not be refunded., or the cost of mailing it back. Or the $100 it cost me to mail it from Costa Rica back to the States.

This illustrates the attitude of Amazon toward ethical behavior..The let me test this product, and when I found it was defective - they simply authorized a refund, and ignored the huge inconvenience to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment