Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Business is Bad

To be more historically accurate, I should say Business has Become Bad. And this process was one of the shocking events of our time.

Dishonest business dealings are nothing new, they have existed forever. But they have not become common until now.

I first noticed this, when my career as an Electronic Engineer ended (when the Transistor replaced the Vacuum Tube) in 1980 - and I started working in the Computer Industry, in California, as a Technical Writer.

On my very first job there, the company I was working for had been taken over, by a new group that had been secretly organized, and gained control of the Board of Directors. They were going to use it to make money for themselves - and they promptly set about doing so. And they hired me, to help them do this.

I had no idea, when I became a technical writer, that I would end up doing this. But there I was, part of a scam, and not quite sure, of what was going on. But I was going to learn, fast.

And learn that this process, although common enough - was not something anyone wanted to recognize. It was happening, and many people were helping it to happen. But no one wanted to admit, it was happening.

And for the next twenty years, from 1980 to 2000, I was going to work for a series of companies, that were all dishonest - in a variety of ways. Often, they began as a honest company, doing good work. But were taken over, using methods, such as those I have described above, or worse. After this, they could only be described - as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment