Friday, June 1, 2018

Move Slowly, and Don’t Break Things

Medium

This was supposed to be a 10 read, but it took me much longer than that - and I ended up putting it on my reading list. Some things cannot be digested easily - and it takes multiple passes of the same material, to do the job.

Here is a quote:

Stanford University, the academic heart of Silicon Valley, is developing a computer science ethics course to train new technologists and policymakers to consider the ramifications of innovations like autonomous weapons or self-driving cars before they go on sale. As Mehran Sahami, one of the course’s conveners says, “Technology is not neutral. The choices that get made have social ramifications.
I just got home from by bicycle ride - where I went down a hill so fast, it scared me. But I bought a hamburquesa pollo from an attractive young woman - and that helped me settle down.

No comments:

Post a Comment