Monday, October 15, 2018

Insanity

We might as well admit it, we are the only living beings, who have to ability to become insane.

We can become this way in an endless number of ways, individually or collectively.

Probably because of our incredibly complex brain, that gives us a range of unique skills (such as language) - and also insanity, when things go wrong.

But whatever the cause (if there is a cause) we have it, and we always will. And we have to carefully remember this.

In any contemplated course of action, we have to ask "Is this insane? Or insane in some ways?"

This brings in the subject of Religion - which can be insane also. An insanity that is very attractive, to many people. I came from a religious family myself - and for my parents, their little church was everything.

And also Love. Before I married Beth, I should have asked myself "Is she crazy?" And perhaps I did, but I married her anyway, and was treated to five years of an insane marriage. That ended two years after she got rid of me - with her suicide.

Some forms of group insanity can be very widespread, and can include nearly everyone. An individual in a situation like this, has to be a genius to survive.

Silicon Valley is a situation like this. It is crazy on a large scale. But parts of it (the latest Software parts) make perfect sense. If you can concentrate on them, you can survive.

The Valley has two parts - and one part is destroying the other, so it can rebuild it. And you have to be careful not to get caught in the destructive part

No comments:

Post a Comment