Thursday, October 4, 2018

People who Became Robots

This was a gradual process, beginning with the Industrial Revolution - when people merged with their machines, and became different creatures entirely.

When I reached a working age, in the late Fifties, everyone worked in Manufacturing or Transportation. Or Electronics, so I became an Electronic Engineer, where the pay was much better.

I was vaguely aware that some kind of transformation was going on, in my world - but for the life of me, could not figure out what it was. Even now, it is hard for me to state what it was.

Only one thing was clear - people were not wanted in this new world. But something different, that I now call robots.

I can explain this best by a much later invention - Software. In this ecosystem (to use its own terminology) there are objects, and the rules, that govern how they behave. And there are the Software Developers (or Programmers or Coders) pulling the strings, behind the scenes, who decide how everything must work.

I'm sure you can tell this is strange new world. And you are probably not sure, how you fit into it. I was not sure myself, but I determined to find out. And what I discovered, is what I am writing about here, in this blog.

But my discovery is something you do not want to know about. But something you have avoided knowing about, with all your strength. And may knock you flat on your ass, once you know it.

People have made the ultimate adaption to their technology - and become robots.

I will explain each of these terms, in the postings that will follow this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment