Monday, October 1, 2018

The Effect of the Computer on Capitalism

I consider TV and the Computer to be part of the same movement. Both have had an overwhelming effect on our world - including most of all, our inability to notice this. We now live in a new world, but are ignorant of what goes on there.

Consider first, the amount of Information we are bombarded with, by the TV. Far more than a human being can absorb, or make sense of. I have watched as people close to me, have become addicted to this information overload, and cannot get along without it.

And for most, the Phone (a miniature computer, with an Internet connection) has continued this addiction. The Phone gives its users everything, and turns them into super-persons.
,
I prefer using a Laptop, that has a much larger screen, and gives me access to the programming behind it. I am learning the Angular application platform, that is introducing me to a new way of integrating the user with the computer.

This is something of a shock, for me, and I can hardly believe this new world I am being introduced to. And I can understand why most people prefer to avoid it, because it is taking them too far into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment