Wednesday, October 3, 2018

The Growth and Collapse of the American Nation

I am not too sure of what I am saying here - but I take that as a sign of the strength of my position. It is not possible to be certain of political matters, that are always confused and uncertain.

But the broad outline of what I am saying, is certain enough. At the end of WWII, America was the strongest nation in history. This is not true now, sixty years later. I think we can all agree on that, if we cannot agree on the details.

What we cannot agree on, is the seriousness of deterioration of the American nation. Is it in really bad shape, or not?

And here something amazing comes to light. America has become divided into two nations - or perhaps even more. And despite our desperate attempts, it is not possible to define what these separate communities are.

We can only say - they are kind of like this, or that. America has become kind of like this or that.

Is this a serious problem? It might be, or it might not be - but it is confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment