Friday, October 5, 2018

The Struggle for Status

I am not the brightest of social observers, and it just occurred to me, to take this into consideration. And I am realizing how important it is. And how it effects everyone I know - including me!

My Father was an expert in manipulating, what other people thought of him. Mostly other people in his RLDS church - that as far as he was concerned, were the only people who mattered. He succeeded somehow, I am not sure how, in making himself an important person there.

He thought he was important, and somehow other people came to agree with him. This was a religious community, and this made this transference of opinion much easier. I can remember, from my childhood, that the church was full of self-important people.

This must have looked ridiculous to outsiders, as they were called - but they were polite enough to keep their opinions to themselves.

In the 19th Century, people were not so considerate. They were violent, and this resulted in the death of their founder Joseph Smith, and many of his followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment