Saturday, October 13, 2018

We have Abandoned Reason

And I include myself in that number. 

When I was working in Silicon Valley, in the Nineties - I completely lost my mind. And now I have recovered it somewhat (mainly by living in saner society), I can see I was not the only one to lose it

Americans lost it, when they elected Trump. But the buildup to that fateful event began much earlier - in alterations to their thinking

They looked around them, could see little in the world they inherited that they wanted, and concluded (somewhat erroneously) that its defects were caused by its use of reason. And they opted for a number of solutions, that did not include reasoning. Or used defective reasoning.

Most prominent among these was the decision to not exist. This was a huge decision, and it was protected by the fact, that few noticed it was happening. No one could blame them, if anything went wrong - because they were not there

And, not surprisingly, a lot of things went wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment